- Joomla Version
Nested CategoriesEDocman allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
Hierarchical folders structureUnlike other files download extension using just one folder to store all files, EDocman allows you to put your files in a hierarchical folder structure (the folder structure is based on the categories structure which you setup - each category will have it's own folder to store files as state above).
Easy, Powerful Documents Management
- Each document can be assigned to one or different categories.
- You can control who can view Documents via Access Level property of the document (Public, Registered, Special... and any custom access levels in your system).
- You can control who can view Downloads, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish the document via Permissions settings (Joomla core ACL)
- You can assign document to one (or several users) and only the selected users will be able to view and download that document
- Each document will be associated with one file. This file can be uploaded on create document form or choose from list of available files on your server or even from a remote server.
Different ways to import documents into system
- Batch Upload allows uploading (support drag and drop) multiple documents into the system at once.
- Batch Import allows importing existing documents on your server into the system at once.
- Manual creating documents one by one (default option).
- Auto Import Documents: You just need to upload documents to server (via FTP for example) and the plugin will auto scan and import these documents into the system.
- Dropbox integration: Storing documents on Dropbox to reduce your hosting usage. And it's easy to connect Edocman with your Dropbox account.
Advanced, powerful and flexible permission systemEDocman fully supports the Joomla permission system(Joomla ACL). You can define add, edit, delete, upload and download permissions for categories and documents.
Permission InheritanceIn EDocman (and Joomla), permissions will be inherited, so you do not need to set access permissions for each document and/or category which makes managing your permissions a lot easier and faster:
- Permission can be setup in Component Level, Category Level or Document Level.
- Permission of the component will be inherited from Site permission setting.
- Permission of the category will be inherited from the component permission setting.
- Permission of the child-category will be inherited from it's parent category permission setting.
- Permission of the document will be inherited from the main category which it is assigned to.
Nice, clean, responsive layout based on twitter bootstrap